The 10th Shanghai International Library Forum (SILF2020) will be held on October 14-16, 2020 at the Shanghai Library. This forum is organized by the Shanghai Library (Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of Shanghai), co-organized by the Ministry of Culture Research Center for Public Culture Affairs (Shanghai), the Shanghai Society for Library Science and the Shanghai Society for Scientific & Technical Information, and supported by the Academic Research Committee of Library Society of China.
The theme of the forum is "Building Libraries for a New Age: Perseverance, Transformation and Disruption". The conference will focus on hot issues and topics, the latest research achievements, innovative ideas, advanced technology and the latest developments related to the theme, and conduct in-depth and extensive academic discussions. Well-known experts and scholars will be invited to present keynote speeches and specific reports. To ensure the academic quality of this forum and attract more paper submissions, scholars of library and information science, managers of libraries and information agencies, and professionals from all fields at home and abroad are invited to submit papers and attend the conference.
I. Topics of the Conference
1. Library professional planning and scientific management
2. Library resource development in the era of all media
3. Research and practice of library innovation services
4. The development patterns and paths of smart libraries
5. Library building innovation and space reengineering
6. Digital humanities and collection development
7. Library diverse communications and cooperation
II. Paper Submission Guidelines
1. The paper to be submitted must be the original work of the author(s), closely related to the theme of the conference and are not published on any journals at home or abroad, or given as a speech at any conference. The paper does not involve any classified information, there is no plagiarism, and the author takes sole responsibilities for his or her views.
2. The paper contains 5,000 words or less, including an abstract of 300 words or less in English or Chinese. Please indicate the topic of your paper.
3. The paper should be arranged in the following order: title, author’s organization and name, author’s mailing address and zip code, abstract, keywords, text (sections indicated with numbers, such as 1., 1.1, 1.1.1 ......) and references.
4. Authors agree that the SILF Organizing Committee can revise or edit their papers and publish the papers accepted on the SILF website in PDF format, unless the Organizing Committee is otherwise notified.
5. Deadline for the submission of abstracts: February 12, 2020
6. Deadline for the submission of full papers: March 31, 2020
All papers will be reviewed by the forum's Academic Committee. Accepted papers will be formally published in print in the conference proceedings. Selected excellent papers will also be recommended to such Chinese core journals as the Library Journal.
III. Conference date and venue:
Date: October 14-16, 2020
October 14, 2020: Registration
October 15, 2020: Opening ceremony, keynote speeches, plenary meeting reports
October 16, 2020: Sessions and closing ceremony
Venue: Shanghai Library (1555 HuaihaiZhong Road, Shanghai, China 200031)
Ms. Jean JIN (Overseas), Tel: 86-21-64454500 International Cooperation Division, Shanghai Library
Ms. Rui SHU (Domestic), Tel: 86-21-64455555-1439 Library and Information Sciences Research Institute, Shanghai Library
Conference website: http://silf2020.library.sh.cn/en/
Shanghai Library (Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of Shanghai)
Organizing Committee of the 9th Shanghai International Library Forum